Thursday, July 27, 2006

Aunt Faithful

Aiyoh, met a quite faithful yet I think crazy auntie today.

Was waiting for bus at interchange to go tuition. I was the second in the queue. The first is a middle-aged woman.

At first she looked very normal. After awhile, I heard some soft off-tune singing. I looked over and saw the auntie singing. I thought she was just humming her favorite oldie and ignored her.

As time passed, her singing got louder and louder and I could hear her singing quite clearly. Pitch problems, I thought to myself. So gave her 9.5 / 20 for her singing.

Then she started to gesture about together with her singing. I thought she is going crazy so I quickly shift slightly down the queue. Wont want to be attacked half-way to tuition.

Upon closer observation from afar, I realise she was chanting buddhist scriptures. Her gestures were praying gestures.

Out comes the compassionate buddha gesture.

Then the lotus holding gesture

Then the praying palm position

Then the respectful position.

In short, she was praying in view of the whole public. Singing buddhist songs and doing buddhist rituals, in a bus interchange queue.

I consider myself quite a faithful buddhist but i think this kind of praying thing should keep at home to do or go temple. I mean, if you pray in bus interchange dont feel weird meh? Bus interchange is for waiting for bus what, not praying and chanting.

She must be damn faithful to be praying aloud in bus interchange. But even if really faithful should not pray in public places lah

People will think you are crazy loh.

Anyway, when board the bus, I quickly sit far far away from Aunt Faithful. Not because scared, but just wanted to have a peace of mind.

Singaporeans really like to do weird weird stuff. I think increased taxi fares made everyone gone mad.

We went bonkers as a nation.

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home