Wednesday, August 09, 2006

National Day

National Day is our nation's birthday.

Singapore has survived one more year. How old is she this year? Lost track already.....

Last time when young this day used to be quite fun. Watched the National Day Parade enthusiastically and sung along with the national songs.

Always feel moved towards the end... Marvel at the fireworks

Now no longer fun already.

Maybe because grown up. Got better things to do. Not so Boliao.

Sure got people argue National Day Parade not boliao. But will never be able to understand why people want to watch it.....

Got people tell me must be at the place itself to understand the excitement. But I was @ National Stadium one year as a performer. Didnt feel anything special. Just momentarily mesmerised by the fireworks.

This year even National Day I was out tuitioning. Three classes in one day somemore. After that, instead of rushing home to watch NDP I played arcade.

Go home caught abit of the NDP. Still the same. Just like those NDPs I watched it as a child. I think now I understand why I dont bother watching these parades....

Meaningless to me.

But does it mean I am not patriotic? I dont love my country because I dont like NDPs?

Oh please if you really think so, either you are uneducated or you are childish.

I want to do Singapore proud by being presentable to the outside people. I am friendly to our visitors because I want them to be impressed of us. I feel proud when our own homegrown brands and people do us proud in other places.

These are truly ways to be a patriot.

Watching NDP isnt really patriotic. It only proves you have the tickets for the show.

Wonder whether the next National Day Parade will be any different?

Where will I be the next NDP?

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home