Thursday, March 01, 2007

Protege

Went to watch Protege alone today.....

Back to the good old days when I watched movies alone.....

When I was young, I was quite a loner who didnt know I had to do things with friends.... I saw perfectly nothing wrong with going everywhere yourself and doing things yourself.....

Unlike the young daegekleng, I was a loner by choice..... I didnt think very much of my classmates in school... not that they like me very much either I think....

Huay Guan was still a strange place with many strangers at that time......

Anyway, the movie is nice..... Tight plot, exciting pacing.... Just didnt think much of the acting thats all.....

But still everything was great and real...... Slick.... like the current generation of cop flicks coming from Hong Kong.... Inspired by Alan Mak and Andrew Lau with their now famous 'Infernal Affairs' (The remake, The Departed, scored a few oscars, including a Best Director win for Martin Scorsese)

There were a few uncomfortable scenes though, which had me on the edge of my chair.... Like a hand being hammered off brutally and a corpse being fed on by mice..... Horrific... Almost felt like a horror movie of sorts....

But I was still glad I made time to watch the movie.....

Cant we finally see something else from Hong Kong other than cop-triad flicks or comedies?

More Chung-King Express and 千言万语 (by Ann Hui. Bet you all dont know what movie is this right) please.

Enough Infernal Affairs....

Tomorrow going to Weiliang's place for my third yu-sheng tossing of the year.... Hope my income will be triple as well. Haha

Rating for Protege: 3.5 stars

Labels:

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home