Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ali Baba Goes Into Memory... Once more

Lim Hai Yen (yes, from the ETCetras) once taught me in a lesson: The reason why we act is because to preserve the character in its story world when the production ends.

Yes. When you act well in the character given to you, you will be able to impress your character onto those watching you act and when the play finishes, the character will go on living forever in people's hearts, in its own storyworld.

Eight long years ago, some actors in 'Ali Baba' moved me. They acted well, and these characters survived in their story world. No doubt, when the production finished, ali and company lived on in my heart as well. I was quite sad then, but I told myself it is okay. Ali and the rest are always there, just whether I choose to acknowledge them or not....

Never have I dreamed that eight years later, Ali Baba comes to life again before my eyes, this time I have a hand in breathing life into the play again. The feeling is just..... incredible.

This time round, there are people who still acted well. Sesame Town becomes more colourful and bright and prosperous than eight years ago.....

Before I knew it, Ali Baba and the rest of them have to go back down into my memories once more.

All I want to say is: In my heart, Ali Baba and company are still dancing, laughing, singing and catching frogs together. It never ever ended, and will never end.

People will think my brains are not working properly in this post.

No. It is not about brains, it is about heart.

This year, the cast should feel lucky. Last time after production, we were very sad. On top of that, school start the next day because march holidays over. So we missed 'Ali Baba' IN SCHOOL. I am sure you all know how sucky that is.

At least you all got the march holidays to nurse your feelings and go back to school. So take this opportunity and adjust your feelings to get ready to go back to school.

Leave all your characters in your memories.

For me, that is one more time

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home