Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Alcoholia

When I was a primary school kid, I like to drink Milo. I thought it was the sweetest drink in the world.

Then when I was in Sec 1, I kept drinking soft drinks. Because when I was young, my mother wouldnt let me drink soft drinks.

When I was Sec 4, I loved bubble tea. I thought it was the nicest drink in the world. Can drink up to 6 cups a week. Go cafe drink. Drink at 'Quickly' and 'Happy Cup' Damn happy to drink milk tea and eat the chewy bubbles....

Then when I was in JC, I bought ice-blended coffee from Starbucks and Coffee Bean all the time..... Thought it was damn cool to drink expensive coffee. Like some grown-up adult......

Up to when I was a army man, I liked sweet drinks.

Nowadays I drink alcohol like water. Almost like I was an alcoholic.

After a fustrating tuition lesson, buy alcohol and drink on the way home.

If I return home late, drink cocktail wine from the fridge and eat chicken wings while watching TV in the dark..... Like some uncle. Haha

Alcohol is bitter. Right to the heart.....

I wonder if adult life had made the bitter taste of alcohol seem tolerable.

Maybe because being all grown-up made the bitter drink taste sweet.... The bitterness of life far surpasses the terrible taste of fermented sugar anyhow.

Now I understand why people like to drink something that will make them feel so terrible.

It makes them feel better in real life.

What an irony.

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home