Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Neighbour

Got one auntie who is my neighbour.

She stays at the 11th floor while I stay at the 6th.

Last time she use to be very nosy one. Because she got maid and one grown daughter, she always walk around in the void deck, inspecting the neighbourhood, directing the bangla to clean rubbish and talk to other people.

I always try to pretend not to see her. Or make a detour so not to be dragged into her endless conversations about my life.

For awhile lately, I never see her anymore. I didnt think much about it and considered myself lucky.

Then the other day I saw her at the bank outlet beside a coffeeshop. At first I thought it was just a stranger that looked like her.

She didnt look anything like the neighbour I knew.

She was very thin, eyes sunken, and had black patches all over her body. And a injured lip.

At first I hesitated to greet her because I thought it was somebody else. She then smiled and said hello and quickly walked by.

I was quite shocked because she looked quite hideous. I thought she had a car accident or something like that.

Later I found out from THE Exploding mom she had nose cancer for a few months.

We all from Blk 225 go through stuff together. Though we never really let each other into our real lives, we pretty much were there together when all the big and small things happened, happy and sad.

Thats why when KR asked me if I was going to move house in the future, I replied yes but I wouldnt sell my current apartment.

The place really holds too many memories for me.

Selling it would be equivalent to losing most of my memories.

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home