Saturday, June 17, 2006

Youngsters of The Kopi-Shop

I think this year's world cup is a better experience for me than previous one in 2002.

I only started watching football during the 2002 world cup, only because I wanted gamble on the matches.

Back then, I had to try and study for my JC Year 2 mid-year common tests and didnt have a lot of time to think about football.

Those years ago I was also unfamiliar with the world of football. I only knew who was beckham and who was Ronaldo. I didnt who was Sven Goran Erriksson nor who was Luiz Phillip Scholari.

I didnt know which team got who and which are the better teams.

Basically just bet on impression. Brazil sounds strong, so bet brazil. France is defending champion so bet france. Ecadour is some african never hear before country so bet against it. England got Beckham so bet England.

Obviously I was losing alot but I recovered all of it during the finals when I betted 100 over dollars on Brazil.

100 was a lot of money to me then as I was student.

Now I am more clear about the football world, so I make more informed decisions and win more often than lose. But on Thur, I accidentally lost two matches and 80 dollars were gone.

That did it for me. I am drawn out of my conservative shell to attack agressively. I placed a 210 dollar bet on Argentina yesterday.

Before the match DaeGekLeng went arcading with me again. At 10 oclock when half time, he decided to check scores and we were all very nervous.

Standing outside northpoint, he burst onto me and shouted argentina won by 3-nil. There was a very audible sigh of relief. DaeGekLeng can be very kao-beh and I was uneasy the whole night.

Then after that we decided to check out the match at some coffeeshop that was showing all live matches. When we reached the Kopi-shop it was packed with people and we had to sit very far away from the screen.

Sit down and we were asking ourselves whether argentina was blue jersey or white one. Like two idiots that come from Jalan Ulu Kampong. Haha

In the end, we just sit around just to see the match end and I ordered poh piah. Ordered Milo-peng as well because support superband 'Milo Peng' haha

Halfway through talking about things, there was a loud yell around the coffeeshop (alot of betting people) and it was 4-nil argentina. At first I thought the opponent scored as I was not paying attention. My heart got cold for awhile haha

Anyway we were extremely happy and immediately I went to order food as i recovered lost ground.

When I was ordering food, there was another extremely loud yell and argentina lead by 5-nil.

After we finish drinking the second round of Milo peng there was a third loud yell and Argentina lead 6-nil . DaeGekleng and I pitied the opponents and wished argentina would stop scoring already.

Kept saying 'Enough already enough already!'

In the middle of the midnight banquet, everybody start going off and the match was over.

Definitely had a fun time being youngsters of the Kopi-Shop.

Shouting together. Throwing an instant banquet when confirm win money..

Ironically DaeGekLeng was quite rejective to the idea of being a youngster of Kopi-shop at first because we all paid money to see worldcup at home in front of tv but we are sitting very far away from the screen at kopishop watching nothing because we cannot see anything.

Now off to bet somemore.

Haha

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home