Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Own Funeral

So busy these days I forgot to talk about this........

Actually just busy with studying..... And damn stressed with the exams because taking horrible modules this sem......

And bored with studying the midst of night.........

So call me if you damn bored at night also...... especially at 2 or 3 am like that.......

I wont know who's awake so I always try my luck with people who I know will stay awake probably one......

For those who have been offering support for the past few nights, thanks. You know who you are..... not convenient to say here......

..-........---..--......-.-...-..

Haha morse code.... to whoever knows how to read it.....

Anyway that day walked past a super rich estate in Bukit Timah to give one final tuition to my student.....

Saw this house with an extremely extravagant set-up for funeral........

Really very luxurious and grand......... Havent seen such a big setup before....

But.... whats the point?

The person who you are doing this for is gone already..... Whats the point of doing up the final send off?

For who? The deceased? Or for other people to see?

Have you spent enough time with the deceased when he/she was still alive?

Is this grand funeral just a way to make yourself feel better?

When I have my funeral I dont want all these things.......

No altar....... no obituaries no flowers especially........ Just because I am dead doesnt mean the poor flowers have to go with me as well.....

Just a ultra simple funeral........ A monk to chant scriptures and send me on the way would be good....

No elaborate procedures that even scientists find hard to remember.....

No need sand on forehead....... no need incense every hour no need continuous buddhist music......

All these are set by humans, not by the religion itself.... Not Buddhism especially....

We emphasize on transience of everything thus release of everything.....

Make it money making funeral......... I like money making stuff......

First ever profitable funeral.......

That would be good for the living....... And going easy on my insurance money as well.....

And you are all welcome....... friend or foe

Haha

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home