Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Beautiful Dream: Buorong From My Point of View

Yesterday was watching 'Superhost'

For those who dunno what 'Superhost' is, it is one of many talent search competitions held by Mediacorp. It is looking for a good chinese host.

One of my acquaintances, Gerald Huang Buorong is (or should I say 'was') in the competition. He is only seventeen plus, but got into the competition. It started during his holidays.

Yesterday school started, he got eliminated in yesterday's 'live show'.

Being in the competition must be quite fun, refreshing and exciting. You get to do things that you dont do in normal life. Go on television, hang out with older brothers (fellow competitors) from all walks of life, see famous TV artistes like Quan Yifeng or Guo Liang or Xu Nailin very often, walk in and out of MediaCorp....

But yesterday it all ended for him. Not only it ended, he must come back to Earth, where he must do boring things that normal people do: Go to school, study, go home, do homework. It is indeed a sharp contrast from what he gets to do in the holidays.

I can say I understand what he must be feeling right not. I think only 'Fucked Up' can describe it. Not because he was eliminated (maybe abit) but more because he can no longer have the fun that he had in the holidays. He now comes back to a reality drastically different from what it is like being in the competition

Many many years ago when I am still a student, I love acting in performances the best. You play with friends, go eat in high class expensive places, act in shows, receive applause that you wont get normally, gossip about people.... All these takes place usually in the March holidays when it is performances' peak period.

After the show, which ends on the sunday before school starts, I would be feeling depressed because I have to go back to school, be with people that I dont like and do normal boring stuff that I dont like to do...

It is like a very very beautiful dream......then suddenly you come back to earth, waking up to the harsh reality, and the only presence of the dream is in your memory.... A bit like the final hours of the little matchgirl before her death

I always cry after shows ended for me. I miss being with all the fun people and fun things. I feel sad when the music ends and the audience leaves.

So for once, I wont condemn Buorong if he crys today. In fact I am sure he will.

I perfectly understand

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home